Curriculum & Resources
Click "Learn More" to access the website.
On Think Central you can access our many online resources from our reading and math series. Here you will also find your child's scores for weekly quizzes in phonics, vocabulary, and comprehension .
Journeys is our new reading series. On their website you can find many resources and activities that align with our story each week.
This is a wonderful reading resource that we highly suggest you use weekly with your child at home. Raz-Kids offers fiction and non-fiction text at your child's individual reading level. It tracks their progress in reading fluency and comprehension.
Teacher username: kdanaher1
First Grade Math Strategies
Language Arts Practice Ideas:
- Use decoding strategies in homework folder such as chunky monkey, stretchy snake, flippy dolphin, etc. to sound out words that contain the week's phonics skill.
- Login to Thinkcentral and go to the reading library. Select decodable readers and choose a book that uses our skills for the week.
- Make a list of words that have the weeks blend, vowel sound etc. Make it fun by rainbow writing the letters. Make the phonics sound the same color in each word.
- Sort words into categories such as long vowel sound/short vowel sound, vowel teams, blends etc.
- Put our HFW of the week into silly sentences to tell a funny story.
- Sort our words into two groups: words that can be sounded out & words that are rule breakers
- Play tic tac toe: in each box write a high frequency word. When that spot is used read the word and use it in sentence
- Login to Thinkcentral and go to the reading library. Select leveled readers and choose a book that uses our words for the week.
- Read a story to your parent, sibling, or friend. At the end of the story summarize the main idea of the story and the problem the characters tried to solve.
- Make a story map of a story you read. Include the characters, setting, and plot.
- While reading stop throughout the story to make predictions and inferences.
- Practice Razkids at home :)