News for the Week of October 23rd
- This Friday is our annual Harvest Fest! One of the best nights of the year! Our Saint John community is looking forward to a great evening. If you haven't done so already, please register your family and consider signing up to volunteer and lend a hand. We are still in need of 7 parent volunteers for our class booth as well as extra volunteers for setup etc. You can find the links underneath this week's news or on our "Homeroom News" tab. Thanks for your help!!
- We are still in need of multiple trash bags of leaves for one of our activities for Bringing Fall to First. If you're traveling up north or have family who live in a colder climate, we'd appreciate any donations to help us bring fall into our first grade classroom. Thank you! 🍁🍂
- This Monday is the last day for Box Tops. Please bring in all remaining Box Tops next week! :)
- You will notice that beginning with this next unit's spelling test we will have two challenge words every week. These are bonus words that contain the week's skill. We will not be testing them on these words and they will only help your child's score as a bonus.
- This week fourth grade will be hosting a sock drive for Shoebox Ministries to help the homeless that are in need of new socks. They are particularly in need of men's socks. Thank you for helping us be the hands and feet of Christ!
- Your child will greatly benefit from extra practice with math facts and reading every evening, along with their homework. IXL is a great supplemental tool to use at home in addition to flash cards. You can find this week’s IXL skills posted under our math curriculum for the week.
"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!" Matthew 25:21
Eternal rest, grant unto him, O Lord
and let perpetual light shine upon him.
May he rest in peace. Amen.
May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed,
through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
1C WISH LIST ITEMS NEEDED
Below are some items that would be useful in our classroom:
- White Cardstock
- Colored Cardstock
- ETA hand2mind Rekenreks Sets
- Unifix Letter Cubes