We've had a great first two weeks in First Grade!
News for the Week of August 21st
- School pictures are this Monday the 21st. Students will be in their school uniforms. If you are planning on ordering school pictures please send your child to school with their order form on Monday.
- Our class has library every Monday. Please have your child bring their library book with them to school on Monday.
- This Wednesday is our curriculum night for grades k-5 from 6-7. The first session will be from 6:00-6:25 and the second session will be from 6:30-6:55.
- As we start the school year we ask that you please review the dress code:
UNIFORM DETAILS FOR ALL STUDENTS:
- Any Saint John XXIII outerwear, purchased in the school spirit shop, may be worn on campus at all times. If the item is hooded, the hood may not be worn indoors.
- A plain white short-sleeved t-shirt or long-sleeved turtleneck may be worn under the uniform shirt.
- Black or brown leather belt with plain buckle not to exceed width or height of waistband must be worn with shorts or pants.
- Plaid Jumper (Dennis), Plaid Skort (Dennis), Khaki Pants, khaki cuffed walking shorts (Dennis), or khaki skorts
- School Logo Polo Shirt (white, navy or gray, short- or long-sleeved)
- Solid white or navy blue plain socks (which must be visible), Solid White or Navy Blue Tights (optional with jumper only), or knee-high socks in solid white or navy blue
- Khaki Pants or Khaki Shorts
- School Logo Polo Shirt (white, navy or grey, short- or long-sleeved);
- 6-8 th grade: Black Polo Shirt
- Solid White Socks that must be visible
- Solid white, solid black, or solid grey LOW TOP athletic shoes with solid matching laces must be worn. A small insignia, logo or marking in one of the school colors (blue, black, grey, or white) is permitted on the shoes. High or mid-top athletic shoes are NOT permitted.
- All shoes must have closed heels and toes. Shoelaces must be appropriately tied at all times. Shoes with blinking lights or sound effects are not permitted. No boots, sandals, open-toed shoes, heels, or platforms (including heels or platforms on athletic shoes) are allowed.
- Athletic shoes MUST have NON-MARKING SOLES
1C WISH LIST ITEMS NEEDED
Below are some items that would be useful in our classroom: